Tuesday, July 8

Lavender and Lemon and Peppermint, Oh My!


A couple of months ago, a friend of mine introduced me to essential oils. I borrowed her book and read a bunch about different things that pertained to me. At first, I ordered a few simply for aromatherapy. As I started using them for things that the book recommended, I realized that applying them topically and taking them internally actually worked. Three of the most common are also the ingredients in the allergy bomb (which I use often). In addition to the lavender, lemon and peppermint “blend” lavender has been my go to for everything. Bug bite -> lavender. Kitty scratch -> lavender. Mild sunburn -> lavender. Dry skin -> lavender. You get my point. I have used more lavender than any other oil that I have on hand.

Another friend of mine has long suffered from acid reflux. I read several places that lemon essential oil can be used to raise the body’s alkalinity, which will help reduce acid reflux. And after a few days of taking it, she shared with me that it was working. Which of course I was really excited about.

The “kit” I bought as an introduction has several other oils that I’m experimenting with and will (hopefully) remember to write more as I learn.

No comments: