Tuesday, May 27

Today's Blooms

I love the rain that we've been getting. My flowers look so much better than with regular water. I'm happy some of them are doing well since I have one with black-spot and one with thrips. I'm so grateful to Calloway's for having such knowledgeable employees. I showed him the picture and he immediately knew what it was and told me what to use to get rid of them.

Sugar Moon (with thrips)

 Twilight Zone (smells good too!)
 
Pope John Paul II
 
Love Song
 
I have to admit, I wasn't sure about Julia Child when I picked it out at the store. It wasn't as bright yellow as the one sitting next to it but I'm so glad I chose her!!


I've been using All-In-One Rose & Flower Care (granules) about once a month since I started planting this spring so I'm super shocked that thrips were able to infect the Sugar Moon. I went ahead and sprayed some 3-In-1 Insect, Disease & Mite Control (concentrate) as well based on some internet research and until I had time to get to Calloway's to find out what this was. I specifically asked the guy at Calloway's if it was better to use liquid or granules and he suggested the All-In-One liquid so that's what I bought. I can see the benefit of using both so I may continue both until these problems are under control. I've decided to treat weekly until I see improvement. Might be overkill but I'd rather get them all healthy than save the time, energy or money.





No comments: