Monday, April 7

Monday in Maryland

The Hilton Washington DC/Rockville is very nice. The only thing I remember from the last time I stayed here was that my first room was in a high traffic area and I had to change rooms. Apparently I am a light sleeper because I could hear every noise outside of my room.  I hate to be that prima donna that needs a better room but they were very nice and moved me. So this time, when I heard the room number I knew it was not that same high traffic area from before.

Here is something I don't understand and this is not specific to Hilton. Why do hotels have doors that slam? Can't someone come up with a design like those kitchen drawers that close quietly? And if they exist, can we make it mandatory for hotels to use them? Slamming doors are so loud and rattle the walls of all the rooms nearby. And when I'm half asleep at 10:30, those slamming doors and rattling walls wake up this light sleeper. Another thing I think should be required is sound absorbing materials in the hallways. I am a loud person. I know this. I have been told this my whole life. If I am not making a conscious effort to not be loud, I could disturb everyone on the way the my room if I were speaking. I know people don't think about that as they walk down the hall but again . . . light sleeper.

Back to the Hilton. Cold and rainy means dining in the hotel restaurant. I wasn't super impressed with the food but today was the start of a new menu so maybe they will figure that out. The service was great though.

Sinus issues are waning but my voice has been affected. Someone actually told me today that they could barely hear me. Ha!

What I forgot to pack: Hairbrush

No comments: