Tuesday, March 18

North Carolina - Day 2

Well the convience of the Embassy Suites wasn't so convient today. I usually choose to stay here because it's close to work and they have a shuttle that will take you to and from. Then I don't have to get a car and get lost trying to figure out which way is North.

Haven't been impressed with the shuttle this trip. (Remember standing in the freezing rain yesterday?) They supposedly leave on the half hour. I asked at 40 after where the shuttle was and the front desk guy said he won't be back until 9. Um, what happened to the 8:30 run? He asked if I would like him to call me a cab. The words seemed nice but the attitude seemed irritated. Maybe it's because I'm sick. Maybe because I didn't get any sleep last night. 

After work, I called the hotel a total of 4 times over the course of 15 minutes. The first 3 times, it rang and rang and no one answered. Finally on the fourth try, I got a person and told them I was at this building and hey, can come one come get me. She put me in hold for a while to I guess confirm that someone could come to this building. She did ask if the driver dropped me here this morning. Well yes, which is why I assumed I could get picked up as well . . . 

Man Embassy Suites, you are wearing me out. Next time, rental car. 

I have to say the restaurant (yes a restaurant in a hotel) was very redeeming today. The staff was friendly and pleasant. The food . . . Oh my. Well the soup anyway. The soup of the day was something called three pepper chicken soup and quite frankly the name does it no justice. If they hadn't brought me a sample, I would have turned my nose up at it. Of course seeing and smelling made all the difference. It was creamy and slightly tomatoey at the same time with diced bell peppers and chicken. So very good in fact, that while the shrimp and grits weren't exactly to my liking, I didn't even care. Because I had eaten that amazing soup. I want to say that I remember thinking the shrimp and grits weren't worth it but I don't know where that was. Guess that's why I'm writing about my travels, to remember this stuff. Well, this and the drunk guy that thrown off the plane. 

No comments: